About Our Parish
St Richard Reynolds Centre
A number of group activities and ministries take place in the St Richard Reynolds Centre, which is located to the right hand side of the Church. This is available for hire and for Parish use. We have a lovely garden and during the summer months there is a marquee erected which makes it a perfect place for gatherings of all kinds.
Coffee and other refreshments are served in the centre after 10:30 Mass on Sundays.
The centre is named after St Richard Reynolds, a monk of Syon Abbey (he was known as The Angel of Syon) who was martyred at Tyburn in London on 4th May 1535. He was canonised in 1970 by Pope Paul VI. He is thought to have come from the Pinhoe area of the City of Exeter.
A relief of St Richard was made for the church by local artist Geoffrey Preston and is proudly displayed in the Martyr’s Chapel.